Saturday, 8 February 2014

Paris?????????????????????????

I have some shocking news and I'm not sure you're going to like it.

You might want to sit down.

Remember my long hard slog to grow my fringe out? Well today I rashly went to the hairdressers and had a side fringe cut back in. It really needed a cut though, at least I'll no longer be mistaken for a Christian. (You know exactly what I mean.)

As always my trip to the hairdressers was an absolute disaster. There was a slight miscommunication and after drying my hair, she clipped half of it before I could get a look at it and started curling it with a pair of straighteners. She had asked me if I wanted it to be curly or straight, but as I was booked in for a blow dry and her English wasn't great, I just assumed she was trying to say 'wavy', like a bouncy, wavy blow dry. Not crispy curls. I was too embarrassed to tell her to stop so I just sat there as she painfully pulled my hair through the straighteners. When she finished everyone in the hairdressers was staring at me because I looked like Curly Sue. I looked ridiculous. 

I'm not even going out tonight. I've got twelve 'content articles' to write before Monday morning and I'm working tomorrow at a fashion trade show which may or may not involve me trying on clothes. I'll explain another time. It's all very confusing.

I am actually very shaken up and a bit agitated, nervous, distracted.

Because.

My au pair family told me Emily, their current au pair, has to leave them in March and I'm really thinking... should I go back? Should I go back to Paris?? 

I don't know what to do. 

9 comments:

  1. "Not going out" is actually a good thing when you look like Curly Sue. Re Paris: The career you *want* to do seems to be stirring, waking up and shaking itself in London. That's all I'm saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! it's back to normal now thank goodness although it's not a very good cut!

      Delete
    2. The curling was to disguise the bad cut, then!

      Delete
  2. In all honest from the tone of your blogs you seemed happier in Paris, but that's just my opinion!

    If people tell you "it's not real life" or w/e who are they to say what real life is? If you're happy, have a job and somewhere tot live then what's wrong with that?

    SO philosophical, i know.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for commenting! I think I was happier in Paris but might not be the same if I went back...

      Delete
  3. Paris is *always* a good idea. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And one day I will return... but now is not the right time, sadly.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwan I deleted your comment by accident!! Was trying to click on 'reply'! Yeah I am really enjoying the internship so going to wait it out, I think Paris would be a short term solution and not the right plan at all...

      Delete