Monday, 2 December 2013

SO JOLLY


Am I allowed to blame my last blog post on my hormones? I didn't realise that my emotions had been hijacked by Mother Nature but- and excuse me for discussing my Lady Cycles so publicly- as soon as the red carpet was rolled out (yes I just made that up, let's all start saying it and make it A Thing, much more grandiose than saying 'I've got the painters and decorators in') everything made sense. The black cloud of my own making suddenly lifted, revealing...

Christmas! 

I was feeling very sad about money, worrying every minute of every day about being skint, lamenting the fact that I would never again be able to afford nights out, hair cuts, chorizo... Then I realised that just because I am a bit skint at the moment, it doesn't mean I will be skint FOREVER. Things change, situations improve. Be calm and positive, rather than skulking about London like a sad spider.

After work today I met my cousin and we walked to Covent Garden to look at the twinkling Christmas tree. Then I went home and put up the Christmas tree with my flatmate, whilst listening to Christmas songs. IT'S SO JOLLY!

:Later my mum called me to tell me all about her weekend- she flew to Ireland for a city break with her friends and she loved it. I'm so happy that my stepdad is gone! Life is nicer.

I was worrying about buying Christmas presents for my family, but now that my head is clear and calm, it doesn't seem like such a big deal. What was I thinking? I don't need to spend my rent money on shop-bought tat for everyone! I should be using my many many talents to create unique and thoughtful gifts...

I'm thinking of preparing a personalised dramatic reading for everyone, or maybe an interpretative dance. If I devise something for everyone who is going to be there on Christmas Day- mum, my brother, Gran, my auntie, my uncle, my cousins Sophie, Chloe and Mollie, maybe Paddy the dog- and each 'gift' is about five minutes long, that means everyone will have to sit in awed silence and watch me perform for 50 minutes. And that will be my Christmas present to myself this year.

Ooh, I could wear my cloak!

3 comments:

  1. Chorizo isn't that expensive is it? There was a yummy chorizo chickpea burger recipe on the cheap cooking series in the Guardian the other day (basically just fancy felafel). Claims to cost only 98p per burger! http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/nov/20/jack-monroe-chickpea-chorizo-burger-recipe

    Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh thanks, I'm actually going to make that. Yes, I am much better now, less mardy. Thought I wasn't going to get any copywriting work this month but I have so things aren't as bad as I thought!

      Delete