Sunday, 28 April 2013

It's Bagpuss, Bitches

It's Coco Beach, bitches.  

Why do promo people in Paris always call me something offensive, in English? I'm wincing when I read my emails and scouring Facebook...

It's Concrete, Motherfuckers!
It's Cocobeach, sluts!
It's Katapult, massive dickheads!

Also, I wish I could get a job in Paris doing social networking for events; my French might be shit but if they insist on trying to write everything in English, I could do better than this:

The really promising Antigone made the last Ep on CONCRETE Music ! There is not so much copies so maybe you should dig it quickly MF's !

Anyway, I can't believe I'm up so early on a Sunday morning. Last night I slept at Ruth's (we had a very tame night compared with last Saturday- just a couple of drinks at Aux Folies) but her boyfriend and his friend were coming back from a long trip at 8am this morning, so I decided to make an early dash for it, to avoid any awkward 'oh you are in the sofa bed I was supposed to be in the sofa bed shall we both just sleep in the sofa bed oh my god were you waiting for me in the sofa bed' conversations.


Would my life be easier if I wasn't so paranoid?

I know what you're thinking: if your life was any easier sweetheart you'd be a tubby tabby cat, sitting on a velvet cushion in a shop window....

I'd be Bagpuss!


It's tiring, going over things in your head all the time, wondering if people could have misconstrued what I said... sitting on the metro, remembering conversations and moments- did people think this when I did that, or doing that mean that they thought this? It's exhausting.

My mum's friend told me that the key to inner peace for overly-paranoid people is to stop and think 'cancel cancel cancel' whenever you hear the negative thoughts come rolling through your mind, prickling into existence, here, there and suddenly everywhere...

Erase it, forget it. Life's too short.

I think living on my own has finally turned me into the fully-fledged lunatic I've always threatened to be. Maybe I should go and live in a commune, or an Iron Age Re-enactment Village (which was my Life Plan for many years, after I watched a documentary about it on the TV... turns out you can't actually live in them full-time: years of dreaming down the drain and as a result I now have no Life Plans).

Anyway... my cousin Sophie was here Thursday night and Friday night! It was a lovely little visit. As soon as she saw my Horrible Coat, she wanted to try it on and she wore it out on Friday night, exactly like Clo did when she visited (they're sisters). Kayt commented that our family seem to be the only people in the world that like that coat. I really don't what everyone's problem is with it. Just to remind you, this is what my Horrible Coat looks like:



The first night she was here we walked along the river until we couldn't walk anymore, then on Friday we also did a lot of walking and ended up at Porte de Saint-Ouen by accident...

"I feel like I've seen the real Paris," Sophie said.

On Friday night we went to Comptoir Général with Kayt. I know I say this a lot but I LOVE
Comptoir Général- we spent a good twenty minutes stood next to a post talking about much we love the atmosphere, the people that go there, the music, the decor, the bouncers... They're my new favourite bouncers, they're so calm and helpful. 

Also, I have a new favourite barman. Forget Welsh Barman at Le Sans Souci: he's kind of attractive but kind of a dickhead; whereas my new Favourite Barman is very attractive and I could also tell (in the thirty seconds that I spoke to him) that he is kind, funny, intelligent, generous of spirit...  I might be suffering from a slight case of Mass Boy Hysteria.

I need to calm down and get a grip. M.B Hysteria can only be cured with cold weather and reading an interesting book.

My cousin had some great news- she quit her job last week to find something in film production and just before we left mine yesterday morning to go to the train station, she got an email offering her a runner job! Yey!

She also had something sad to tell me, about one of her closest friends. I don't want to take anything for granted. I want to stop worrying and enjoy life, no point planning for the future really because you never know what's going to come round the corner and fuck everything up. Wishes and prayers.

Sophie is in Geneva now, staying with Clo. I love my little family, but I don't know when I'll be going home next, I will be going back to England but only for drama school auditions. I need to start thinking about my next audition, it's in two weeks.

Guys...

I didn't want to say this out loud because then it would mean it was true...

But...

I think it's going to rain at Coco Beach.

Damn. I've been imagining the opening party as a gorgeous summer's afternoon, feeling warm and happy, sun glinting, bright ripples in the river, listening to tunes like this:



Hmm, just noticed on the Facebook page that there is a theme and the theme is 'Flower Power'.

Hmm. Think I'll just politely ignore that.

Let's see what the day brings...

3 comments:

  1. I know this wasn't a super-serious post or anything, but it is just what I needed to read at the moment. Just enough insight and relate-ability (not a word). Thanks.

    -texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww you're very welcome, I'm so happy someone could relate my writing. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
    2. *relate TO my writing

      Delete