Saturday, 3 November 2012

You're Boring.

Back in Paris. Lots to tell you but first... I must vent some confused feelings...

I don't know whether I should be offended or not- somebody has left seven comments on my last post, all consisting of one word like 'great' and 'superb'. I have the teensiest feeling that somebody is being sarcastic, suggesting that it was a really boring blog post...

I don't understand, if you think my scabby nose is boring, what are you interested in then? What could possibly be more exciting than MY NOSE?

The Commenter is obviously a very thrilling and interesting person, I should like very much to meet them!

I should like to spend an evening with this Commenter, trawling the internet, reading other people's BORING blog posts and laughing wildly as we fight over the keyboard, both trying to bash out one-word comments that let the blog-author know that we think they are BORING. After leaving six or seven sarcastic comments on all the BORING blogs we find, we will jump onto one motorcycle- one of us driving and the other one standing at the back flashing our pierced nipples at alarmed onlookers- and zoom across town to an illegal cock fight, where we will sit in the stalls snorting vodka and tipping shots of Malibu down our ears. When the cocks are all slaughtered we will put their bloody feathers in our hair and then go out raving, probably to a Clowncore squat party in a disused abattoir. After three days of SUPER COOL partying we will hitchhike home and maybe eat a few slices of bread and do you know what? The bread is actually green and furry but we don't care maaaan because we are WILD.

Right, I'm going out now and I'm not telling you where, because I feel all rattled and defensive and if I tell you where I am going it will just be to prove I am not boring and I don't have to prove myself to anyone- I can be boring if I want to be. Who the fuck are you anyway?

If, however, I have misunderstood the comments then I am sorry.

And also a bit embarrassed.


10 comments:

  1. haha LBM your blog is amazing, I was a bit baffled by the commenter on the last post as well... glad to hear you're back in Paris, I've missed the LBM gossip this week! cannot understand people who would read if they didn't enjoy it, what's the point of that? from a properr fan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!

      I very much appreciate your comment, was beginning to think I was really boring and nobody likes my blog. Merci! xx

      Delete
  2. Was loooking forward to you coming back and telling us your news, and now that stupid person has made us have to wait! Grrrr. GM x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am loving all these kind comments, has really cheered me up! x

      Delete
  3. "..one of us driving and the other one standing at the back flashing our pierced nipples at alarmed onlookers.." hahahahah GOD YOU KILLED ME!I spit my tea all over the lap! Can't wait to read about your latest adventures...and YES you are truly hilarious!
    L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuuu L!

      Keep reading and be careful with your tea x

      Delete
  4. I have wanted to leave this comment for a while but I have been avoiding it as It may make me sound like a stalker somewhat. But since you have your knickers in a twist about the very clever witty individual who posted hilarious comments on your blog, (oh, look I can be sarcastic too. What a gift we share!) I have decided to share...

    I too am a northerner (Preston) with a penchant for all things French. It has been my dream to live in Paris for as long as I can remember. After several efforts over the years to find work and accommodation to no avail, I had almost given up. But last month I stumbled on LBM, read 'Thinking of being an au pair?' and signed up for au pair world. Within a week of finding your blog I was offered a job in Paris that I excitedly accepted. I start at the beginning of December.

    Thank you for facilitating my dream and making my morning tea drinking and blog reading session all the more enjoyable.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey! I can't believe that... what a lovely thought that my blog has actually helped someone! You'll love living in Paris, good luck living the dream and thanks for the very cheering comment x

      Delete
  5. Great!


    (lol just kidding...I always wonder about people who leave one or two word comments, too. I mean it takes more time to actually sign into your Blogger account to be able to leave the comment, so why not make it worth your while and actually write a whole sentence or two?)

    Can't wait to hear all about your time in ENgland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm surprised they didn't leave a longer comment, they are obviously prone to 'trolling'... Thanks for the nice comment!

      Delete