Tuesday, 28 February 2012

England, How You've Changed!

It's been twelve days since my last confession.

But guess who's back after an unforgivable absence of almost two weeks, with a FIXED laptop and a NEW Blackberry and her Ibiza holiday ALL PAID OFF?

If you didn't guess Left Bank Manc, then I don't know what to say to you.

That's right- my laptop is fixed and running smoothly, which means I am back in Blogland (and as I am working every single day for the next twelve days, you can bet I'll be blogging every free moment I get, because I certainly won't be going out.) The computer shop I went to, on Smithdown Road  in Liverpool, even managed to recover all of my word documents and photographs. Not my music though, which is slightly annoying as I had over 12,000 tracks before that nasty virus attacked my computer...

Still, considering that the majority of my music was either Dolly Parton or Destiny's Child, maybe it's a good thing I lost all my music- maybe it's time to finally move into 2012, music-wise. Maybe I should start downloading songs by 'Kreayshawn', or 'Motopony', or one of the many, many other names I've been confronted with over the past week, all so unrecognisable to me that they didn't even stir a faint zephyr in the fog of my musical memory.

It's been so long since I was back in England for anything other than a flying visit, that the crap music scene came as a bit of a shock to me. It was all David Guetta and Calvin Harris, and really weird collaborations. Who thought it made sense to put Dappy and Brian May together, for example? Why did Jennifer Lopez and Will.I.Am want to work with Mick Jagger ? How did Madonna, Nicki Minaj and M.I.A decide to do a song together? Does Old + Young = Hit all of a sudden?  And why is James Corden in a music video for a song about mamas humping, or something?

Anyway, before I tell you about my Jolly Holiday to London, Liverpool, Manchester and, for better or for worse, the scrubby green bleakness that we may as well call Any Northern Mill Town, there's a few things I need to fill you in about that happened in Paris before I left. I'm going to work now, but I'm babysitting, so I'll  do another blog from the family's house.

I'll leave you with a Dolly Parton song, because I want to and I can.

4 comments:

  1. LBM, man! Got proper excited at the fact you were blogging again... I cosied myself into bed with Maoams, only for the blog post to end so quickly. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm with Maram on that one. Nice to have you back! Oh dear, your fans are such slave-drivers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha you are very demanding, thank you for your lovely comments, I feel bad now for writing such a short blog post before, and didn't take my laptop to babysitting either, will write as much as I can tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! We've missed you! Glad to hear the laptop is ok...I know how stressful it can be to have a computer down. It would keep me up at night.

    Can't wait to have more updates :)

    ReplyDelete