Friday, 15 July 2011

Bastille Day

Just got back from watching the Bastille Day fireworks at the Eiffel Tower, except we didn't go and watch them at the Eiffel Tower- we thought it would be packed and that we could get a better spec on the Pont Des Arts... We got there an hour before the fireworks started and we did get a nice space to sit down... unfortunately,we could barely see the fireworks because you can only see half of the Eiffel Tower from the bridge and the fireworks stayed around this half.

We saw a lot of coloured smoke though.

As we walked back to the metro we walked down the Louvre where we would have had an excellent view and there was hardly any spectators there. There was a fairground at Tuilleries so we got a kebab and then churros. I don't know what is the matter with me. I am going to the South of France in three days and people will mistake me for a beached porpoise.

Anyway, I'm glad we ventured out to see the fireworks, even if I would have had a better view of the Eiffle Tower from the end of my street. Tonight was the last time I will see Emma until we are both back in September, but I said goodbye to Elle for the last time in... who knows? When Elle walked away Amy started crying and said 'I feel like all we do is say goodbye to people'.

She's right- this morinng me, Amy and Mairie walked Kayt to the airport bus at 5am, and we were all crying hysterically, which might have had somehting to do with dragging ourselves out of bed after forty minutes sleep, eight bottles of wine and one bottle of champagne we drank in front of a public urinal, but more on that tomorrow.

Also, there has been an exciting development in my 'career plans' (ha!) for next year... I'm not taking the piss it really is exciting, I will write about it tomorrow!

Here's a picture of what I imagined the fireworks looked like behind all the buildings:

No comments:

Post a Comment