Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Jurassic Bark

Why did I let myself watch it again??
I have been crying so much I can barely see. I remember the first time I ever saw it, I was fifteen and I was at my friend Lucy's house. Everyone was in the other room (all looking at MySpace I think, the gimps) and I walked past the TV and saw Futurama was on. I sat down and watched the whole episode and at the end one of my friends came to see where I was and I was just sat on the couch, hysterical. Everyone thought it was hilarious and about a year later some of my other friends heard the story and didn't believe it.

"You don't even like dogs!" they said.

To prove to them how sad it was, we got hold of the episode and watched it together. At the end I was once again hysterically crying, that sort of crying where you can't even breathe. Nobody else cried but they were in hysterics- laughing at me.

A little while later I was looking at my brother's Futurama DVD box set and I realised 'Jurassic Bark' was on it. I told my brother how much I had cried at it and he didn't believe me, proclaiming me to be a dog-hater and generally a stone-hearted bitch. We watched the episode together and at the end I cried again, of course. I remember my brother got up without saying anything and turned it off, then he came and sat next to me and said quietly "It's just a cartoon."

The thing is I like crying, it makes me feel better. I don't want the magic crying power to fade, so I won't watch it ever again now, until maybe I'm an old, old lady and I've half-forgotten what happens.

The thing is I don't even like dogs, I hate them.

Watch it, and let me know if you cry, I hope this link works:

http://loombo.com/0qs52qah19mu

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, your brother sounds and seems like such a good guy.

    I feel like I'm trying to hit on your brother through you! lol

    I will not be watching that show episode. I so do not want to cry, if that were to happen. I doubt it, but I'm not gonna risk it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You doubt it? Watch it, I dare you! And he is a good guy, I suppose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember our disbelief and scepticism, and I remember the tears!

    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete