Thursday, 20 January 2011

Big Fat Gypsy Weddings

I don't really know what to say, but I felt like I had to comment- those who know me will understand how important this programme is to me.

I praise Jesus for whoever it was that put it on YouTube.

When it was over I felt sad that the next hour of my life wasn't going to be as good as the hour just spent watching Big Fat Gypsy Weddings.

My cousin is getting married in Serbia this summer and, all jokes aside, I WILL find myself a Traveller husband there- providing my 'honour' doesn't come under close scrutiny, and assuming I can find someone willing to have a haggard twenty-one year old as their 'young bride'. I will be getting married in something similar to this:












Or this:















I should be at the family's house now sorting out the laundry I fucked up (don't ask) and preparing something lovingly bizarre for the kids' dinner (I'm thinking salad followed by rice and sweet potato or soup, but salad followed by soup sounds quite nice to me and I've learnt now that if something seems normal to me, it means they'll hate it, but if something seems hideous to me, sardines on toast followed by a crêpe for example, then they'll eat it happily) but instead I think I'll watch Big Fat Gypsy Weddings again! And also look for flights to Serbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment