Friday, 24 December 2010

It's Christmas!

I'm drinking red wine, at home, in England, all is well!

The Eurostar was delayed by two hours but apart from that it was a piece of piss. I'm so, so lucky. My train back to Manchester this morning was delayed as well but who cares about delays? My au pair friend Harriet was supposed to fly back to England today but they evacuated Charles du Gaulle airport because they thought the roof was going to collapse. Now she is stuck in Paris for Christmas and I feel so, so bad. How the hell did I manage to get home?

I think I am so paranoid because things always seem to work out, and it can't go on forever. Doom is just around the corner. I am supposed to be going to the pub tonight for 'Xmas Eve Tequila' but am I pushing my luck? I don't want to die before my Christmas dinner. I was just as paranoid last year and I ended up walking home by myself in the dark snow and the streets were empty and I really felt something terrible was going to happen and I swore I wouldn't do it again.

It's true that you can't live your life scared that something bad will happen, but I have had a lot of good luck lately.

Thank you baby Jesus for getting me home, Happy Christmas everyone.

And Merry Christmas Harriet, karma will pay you back tenfold, I know it!

1 comment:

  1. Think of it as karma paying you back for family thrift. Happy Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete