Tuesday, 12 October 2010

OH. MY. GOD. Part II

The plot thickens... you know how I said the woman I interviewed with lives on the same road that les enfants go to and that it was a bit risky? Well when I went to pick the kids up from school this afternoon I was looking around me as if I had a bag of heroin hidden in my knickers because I kept thinking I would bump into the woman. Going to the park was a Paranoid Activity because it is also on the same street and it is a really popular park, although it is mostly full of American expats wiht their excellently-dressed children (just to give you an idea, today these are some of the items I saw on children AGED FIVE AND UNDER, no exaggeration: massive furry Ugg boots worn with bare legs and a long-sleeved minidress; a belted camel trench coat on a baby with no hair; a shearling aviator jacket; skinny jeans and yellow Converse; a waxed bomber jacket; a full-length jumper-dress; and a diamond jumper with a blue shirt underneath teamed with chinos.)

Anyway, where was I before my brackets? Ah yes, the park. I was on edge the whole time but relaxed once I realised I have been coming here for a month and have never once noticed three little sisters. On the way back from the park I was walking along with les enfants when I walked SLAP BANG into the woman I interviewed with.

Words can not describe my luck today.

My first reaction was to pretend I hadn't seen her, but straight away she jumped in my way and was like 'hey!' then she noticed the children. 'You are already working?' she asked. I'm ashamed to say I instinctively lied again, saying how I had just started and was on a trial basis. She didn't seem to mind, in fact it spurred her on and she was telling me about the flat they live in and how nice it is and that you can see the Eiffel Tower from the window... where have I heard that before?

So she seemed fine, she still seemed like an Eager Beaver. But then I got home and after dinner my dilemma got even worse because the dad of the family said they will pay me 220 euros a month and help me get teaching jobs so that I can earn 300 euros a month. I know 300 euros is not 800 euros a month but it is a lot less work. But then I don't get my own apartment...

He also said they really didn't want me to go so now I feel so fucking guilty and just crap. What shall I do, what shall I do, what shall I do?

When I bumped into the woman from the possible new job she kept saying it was Fate and that coincidences happen for a reason. And I'm a sucker for that shit...

No comments:

Post a Comment